1. "Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God." 1 Peter 4:2 (NKJ)
2. "I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8 (NKJ)
3. "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Many will say to me in the day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'" Matthew 7:21-23 (NKJ)
4. "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:1-2 (NKJ)
5. "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus." Philippians 2:5 (NKJ)
6. "Now, we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. but he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?' But we have the mind of Christ." I Corinthians 2:12-16 (NKJ)
7. Be diligent (study) to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed. 2 Timothy 2:15 (NKJ)
8. "Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety." Proverbs 11:14 (NKJ)
9. "There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each on for the profit of all. 1 Corinthians 12:4-7 (NKJ)
10. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10 (NKJ)
11. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27 (NKJ)
There are necessary steps that we must take in order to know the will of God for our lives.
1. Desire to know and to live in the will of God.
1 Peter 4:2
We cannot know the will of one we do not desire to follow.
2. Develop an intimate personal relationship with Jesus.
The more we know Him, the more we will know His will.
3. Surrender your will to God's will.
We have to be careful not to confuse our will with God's will.
Don't decide what you want to do and then ask God to bless it.
4. Take on the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:12-16
The mindsets of the world and the flesh are not in line with the mindsets of Christ.
We must develop the same mind as Jesus in our life's situations.
5. Obey what you already know to be God's will
2 Timothy 2:15
The teachings of the Word of God are the foundations of the will of God for our lives.
To know His will, know His Word.
6. Seek godly input.
Godly counsel can direct you and confirm what God has spoken.
7. Consider the gifts and talents that God has given you.
1 Corinthians 12:4-7
Do not try to put a square peg in a round hole. God is not calling you to follow in areas for which He has not also equipped you.
8. Listen to the Holy Spirit as He speaks.
Peace in your spirit
Still small voice
Dreams and Visions
Some Practical Things to consider
1. Live in the present. Don't wait for clarity in order to act.
2. God's will is progressive.
3. Better jobs and more money do not necessarily equal the will of God.
4. Living close to extended family does not necessarily equal the will of God, and in some cases is the opposite of His will.
5. If what we believe is God's will doesn't materialize, His Plan B will still lead us to the same destination if our heart is in the right place.